Prescription Drug Rehabilitation & Treatment Center
Addiction to prescription drugs like painkillers and benzodiazepines is frustrating and overwhelming. Seeking help, people ricochet from one ‘solution’ to another only to become more confused, hopeless and despairing. Relapse seems inevitable despite painstaking efforts to recover and healthcare’s remedies often perpetuate the pain of addiction.
There are several problems in prescription drug addiction that create a vicious cycle of addiction even though recovery is sought. These include:
- Quickly Developing Physical and Psychological Dependencies—this is especially true for those with already existing problems such as unresolved trauma, depression, anxiety, and the history of problematic substance use. Unresolved underlying issues cause dysfunctional brain patterns (habits, neural pathways) that make one vulnerable to addiction and that continue to drive addiction once it develops. In short, if one already is in either physical or psychological pain these drugs seem like miracle drugs at first, but this is a false solution as addiction develops. The body quickly gets to the point of needing them to ease the discomfort of withdrawal. Psychologically, one also comes to need them to regulate emotional states and to serve as primary coping strategies.
- Feeling Safe with Prescription Medications—it is natural to trust in the recommendations of healthcare providers. However, your prescribers do not always know your underlying problems and vulnerabilities. Also, prescribers do not always recognize the severe risk of addiction for you either.
- Polydrug Use—using combinations of more than one drug is common in prescription drug addiction. Tolerance increases over time causing you to no longer get the effects you want. Consequently, some mixture of substances is taken to boost the effects to the desired level. Painkillers, benzodiazepines and alcohol are a common combination.
- Treatment Failure—many painstaking and earnest attempts to recover from prescription drug addiction fail. Relapse to the same medication is common, as is switching to other types of painkillers, riskier methods of use, or heroin. Treatment fails because the underlying issues of addiction are not resolved at traditional treatment centers.
- Replacement Drug Treatments—methadone and suboxone do not heal underlying vulnerabilities such as trauma, depression or anxiety. Additionally, one’s life remains drug-centered with physical and psychological dependencies transferred to the replacement drug. Replacement drug treatments simply plug in where one’s drug of addiction was unplugged. Nothing changes in the brain that would heal the neural pathways of addiction or underlying problems that support an addiction.
Our Solution: Full, Sustainable Recovery
The Sanctuary’s Integrative Addiction Recoverysm program offers you a non-12 Step, holistic alcohol recovery program addressing the reasons you have not been able to free of prescription drugs. We work with you to heal the underlying causes of addiction and to remedy the medication-induced effects that lead to relapse. In doing so, we offer you a full and sustainable recovery. We provide:
- A Strong Clinical Component—our staff to client ratio is 1:1—virtually unheard of in addiction recovery. This gives you highly individualized care with far more clinical contact hours than the majority of addiction recovery centers provide. Additionally, individual sessions account for about 90% of your sessions and you will see two therapists per day.
- Our Small Size–we work with no more than 7 clients at a time. This allows us to give you intensive and individualized attention in a highly private setting at our treatment center. It also evokes feelings of trust and connection to the staff and other clients, giving you the support and psychological safety you need to be successful.
- Integrated, Holistic Approach–we have assembled a team of highly skilled practitioners who are well respected in their fields. They have expertise in many disciplines including nutrition, bodywork, acupuncture, herbalism, Energy Medicine, Functional Medicine, psychology and psychiatry. They work together to understand you and your needs holistically. They establish an ever-evolving treatment plan that is modified each and every day as you progress and your needs change.
- Finding the Core Issues— we help you identify and address the underlying root causes of your prescription drug addiction. These may be unresolved trauma, depression, anxiety, anger, codependency or feelings of emptiness, betrayal or abandonment, for example. We believe that addiction is not the ‘chronic, incurable and relapsing disease’ that traditional recovery models have believed in. We also believe that addiction can be cured and that you can be fully recovered when the root causes of your addiction are healed.
- A Sustainable Recovery—as you go through our program at our treatment center, you learn techniques and skills that become a way of life so that you can sustain a full recovery. Relapse is no longer an issue when you heal at the deep level of root causes; you won’t need drugs to feel better anymore. You experience a fundamental shift in the neural pathways of the brain that brings about deep and sustainable transformation. You become empowered, enlivened and free of your addiction—feeling connected to others and the world again. With this fundamental and healing shift, passion, a sense of purpose and meaning return. Employing the practices you learn with us, you can continue a full and sustainable recovery.
If you would like to talk with us more about our program or our methods, please contact us.